Skip to main content

 Vice is my favorite source for culture and lifetstyle content, however, recently I have been keeping up with their news and I find their stories to be very unique and well written. Especially for a lifestyle brand, their news source is very impressive. I highly recommend their series Hate Thy Neighbor, where a comedian ventures into very controversial topics and film real experiences investigating current topics such as politics, culture and more. 

The New York Times has always been in my household, so I had always grown up watching my family read it, then transitioning to learning how to read it. I always enjoyed the lifestyle section when I was little, but as I got older realized the power of the headlines and the control they have over the media due to its popularity. It was also very interesting to watch the decline of print and their transition to online. 

Upon receiving my first iphone, I noticed the news app. In an effort to keep up with it, I made it one of my primary apps and soon found myself using that as a constant news outlet. On the app, you can choose what news outlets to subscribe to and read a variety of stories at once. 

Another version of this add on I use is the google chrome store ad on. It is similar to the news app where you can select which sources and which stories you read, and you also can ret updates and related material when browsing the web.

The last source which I think is an insanely smart development in this time, is Hulu opting to allow ABC live stream of the news. Especially with quarantine and so many kids at college with out cable, this was a really smart way to get kids and many people around the world
involved in the election. 

Comments