Skip to main content

Tech Privacy

 This blog was coincidental timing, as I just had an experience first hand with online social media presence. My dad has a consulting firm, he was using a specific software that scans a candidates online presence. He was showing me how they analyze different candidates based on their social media content results. Not that I had anything incriminating, but I immediately went to my accounts and skimmed through. I deleted things that COULD be taken the wrong way, such as holding a drink or something I would not love my future boss to see. I have always grown up watching my dad do this, however, watching it in real time really changed my perspective on privacy in the tech era. 

It is frightening to think about the manipulation and invasion that happens daily. I work with photoshop a lot and have made joke pictures for friends replacing images and such. Thinking about it in this context it is scary to think how if I, a college student just learning the basics, can manipulate identity like that, how much someone else could do. 





Comments