Skip to main content

Tik Tok Diffusion

 Diffusion theory is a perspective looking at how content, trends, information, ect. spreads. I found Tik Tok to be interesting mainly because I deleted my account early on and have noticed how hard it is to NOT have to use the app at some point. I personally did not see the difference enough between instagram to have this, because at heart, they are social media content platforms. This is key however, to my thoughts on diffusions theory.The Five Stages Within The Diffusion Process - GarthBox

    I feel the actual user platform does not matter. I truly feel even if it had the most complex and annoying user system, it would still have soared. This is due to the process of trends. It simply matters who is putting the content out and the timing of that content. For example, Instagram, holding a global monopoly over the social media game, updated their format to include "reels" which are essentially, Tik Tok's.

https://about.instagram.com/blog/announcements/introducing-instagram-reels-announcement#:~:text=Creating%20Reels,recording%20a%20reel%20with%20it.

(Instagram's announcement for Reels feature)

 So, suddenly all of these Tik Toks were being uploaded to Tnstagram, and appear in your feed, so if I came across a video, article, photographer I liked, I would have to go to their Tik Tok page to learn more. 

    If you are famous, you already are a member of society who influences thought. There are various studies related to the subtle, subconscious brain hacks that marketing in these consumer based companies rely on. 


Comments